502 Proxy Error. The ISA Server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). (12202)
Jawsome
2007-08-31 01:39:59 UTC

Were running ISA server 2006 with firewall and proxy
Jawsome
2007-08-31 01:40:42 UTC
So how do you fix it?
Phillip Windell
2007-08-31 13:26:20 UTC
First two links in my signature.
--
Phillip Windell
www.wandtv.com

Understanding the ISA 2004 Access Rule Processing
http://www.isaserver.org/articles/ISA2004_AccessRules.html

Troubleshooting Client Authentication on Access Rules in ISA Server 2004
http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/1/8/918ed2d3-71d0-40ed-8e6d-fd6eeb6cfa07/ts_rules.doc

Microsoft Internet Security & Acceleration Server: Partners
http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver/partners/default.asp

Microsoft ISA Server Partners: Partner Hardware Solutions
http://www.microsoft.com/forefront/edgesecurity/partners/hardwarepartners.mspx
So how do you fix it?
Derek Williams
2007-09-13 19:58:02 UTC
I am having this same issue. I read through both of the links in your
signature, and I must say while helpful, I am still confused. I am new to
ISA 2006. Our company is using ISA 2000 now as a filtered proxy server. I
used the network templates to create a single network adaptor scenario.
Since this server is actually just going to be filtering the traffic, I set
up a web chaining rule to forward all the traffic to the firewall, which is
responsible for passing the traffic out to the internet. I basically have
one access rule set up in the firewall section that is set to allow FTP,
HTTP and HTTPS traffic to the external network. What am I missing. Any help
that you could offer would be greatly appreciative.
So how do you fix it?
Phillip Windell
2007-09-14 13:53:39 UTC
Post by Derek Williams
I am having this same issue. I read through both of the links in your
signature, and I must say while helpful, I am still confused. I am new to
ISA 2006. Our company is using ISA 2000 now as a filtered proxy server.
used the network templates to create a single network adaptor scenario.
Since this server is actually just going to be filtering the traffic, I set
up a web chaining rule to forward all the traffic to the firewall, which is
responsible for passing the traffic out to the internet. I basically have
one access rule set up in the firewall section that is set to allow FTP,
HTTP and HTTPS traffic to the external network. What am I missing. Any help
that you could offer would be greatly appreciative.
Two things:

1. ISA 2000 is totally different and the links I gave don't have anything to
do with ISA2000.

2. Get rid of the Web Chaining. Web Chaining is for upstream Proxy Servers
which you do not have. Your Firewall is simply a NAT Box.

I have next to no information on ISA2000 and forgot most of what I knew
about it. There are web forums on www.isaserver.org that have a section
just for ISA2000. That might be a good place to get information.

The other best thing you could do is replace (not upgrade) ISA with a newer
version as fast as you can. This assumes you are not running SBS2000. You
can only update the ISA on SBS2003 and you can only go up to ISA2004 (which
ISA 2004 is fine). There is an upgrade path from 2000 to 2004 but not
directly to 2006. I suggest you just forget about upgrading and do clean
install, you'll understand the product better when you are done.